1. ProNovice is intended for Level 1 handlers and dogs that have never placed in 3 or more Sanctioned Manitoba Stockdog Association trials in ProNovice. Eligibility to be determined by committee and judge.
2. Any dog that enters the trial arena during another dog's run will be disqualified. The run in progress will be handled at the discretion of the committee members and judge.
3. Grips - The judge will determine whether the grip was necessary. If it was not necessary, handlers will be disqualified.
4. ProNovice will consist of outrun, lift, fetch, drive," y "chute, and then pen. Each element will be timed, within a maximum time of 4 minutes. Pattern of the course to be determined by the Judge at handlers meeting.
5. At no time may the handler touch the sheep, or he will be disqualified. However, if the sheep runs into handler, while blocking them, this is not a disqualification.
6. When the Judge raises the flag, the handler may send the dog. Timing starts as the Judge drops the flag.
7. Timing will stop when the pen gate is completely closed as governed by the Judge's flag.
8. Order of Running: Order will be determined by "Drawing for Position" by the committee prior to the trial.
9. First Run: Running Order as printed (all dogs run) Second Run: Running order as printed (all dogs run).
10. Handlers Meeting: TBA
11. Dog leaving the arena will be retired as off-course. This will be discussed at handlers meeting due to differences in arena set-ups.
12. Handlers can not lead sheep through the obstacles or into the pen.
13. Roughness and abuse of livestock is prohibited.
14. Lack of forward progress through course will be retired at the desertion of the judge.
15. No dogs entered in the days trials will be allowed to handle sheep before trial starts. No dogs entered in trials will be allowed excessive noise behaviour.